viernes, 13 de agosto de 2010

Renzo Piano is a freaking genius!

There is just a few places I had in mi list of places to see before to die. The California Academy of Science building, in Golden Gate Park San Francisco is one of those places. Today I saw the amazing living roof and and the beautiful building designed by Renzo Piano. He is a genius and there's simply no way around it! The building is friendly with the environment and you can see pretty much whatever  you can possibly imagine that is related to science, from a Pendulum to a replica of a Tropical Forest and penguins from South Africa.

The Tropical Forest exhibit and the little aquarium where, by far, my favorite exhibits, of course I'm not counting the living roof as an exhibit. Even though it is impossible to capture all the perfection and beauty of the tropical forest and the coral reef, they did a pretty good job. Plus, the local species amused me the whole time.

Golden Gate park is this little forest near the pacific coast. Trees, statues of famous people, museums and even a Japanese tea garden can be found in it. It is just so big that we couldn't walk it in a day.

Right in front of the Academy of Science there's a huge copper-made building, the De Young Museum. We didn't go through the exhibits today, that's tomorrow plan, but we did climbed up the tower overlooking the entire park and pretty much all the city or at least the adjacent districts and neighborhoods. There are just a few places that had taken my breath away, most of them in my country (Semuc Champey and "La Cumbre" for example), this was one of them. The city covered with fog like the day before, the park and the Academy of Science in front of my, big old trees... it was just amazing. Maybe culturally this city is the most different than me that I could see. Maybe it is Oakland, who knows. Regardless of that, I loved that park and its buildings and its weather.

There's nothing more to add. This is the end of day seven. A whole week in this country, away from my beloved family and my good friends, away from the noise of the feria, away from my room and the majority of my things, away from my rabbit and hen... More than 4000Km away from the place I grew up. On my first day I went to see Real Madrid and it set the bar to high, but tomorrow I'm going to see a exhibit at De Young and I was at the Science Academy today...  looks like I have found a way to keep up. Hala Madrid!

1 comentario:

  1. It is so interesting to read your words of things that i have no idea about, thanks for sharing your life and experiences man, now i feel that trough your words, i am also learning.

    remember to play the guitar and do some sports.

    ResponderEliminar